- Most programmers think they don't need to know math
- Most programmers are correct, but...
- Math is a lot easier to pick up after you know how to program
- They teach math all wrong in school (at least, in terms of a future as a programmer)
- Knowing even a little of the right kinds of math can enable you do write some pretty interesting programs that would otherwise be too hard.
- Math can be fun
It's an interesting essay; I agree with much of it. I found the follow-up comments to add quite a lot to the discussion (even though a few of the people commenting seem to have stopped reading Yegge's essay at about the third sentence.)